Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Acting childish.

You know how I’m not working right now? Well, I’ve been praying for God to take care of me.

When I was working, I had this attitude of independence. Like, I needed a job to pay the bills. Even though I have no bills to pay. I just felt powerful.

Well, now I feel weak. And embarrassed.

 

I realized something pretty simple.

God is our Father. He refers to us as his children.

There is something really cool about that relationship. We don’t have to take things into our own hands. We have a powerful parent taking care of us. We can depend on him like we did with our parents when we were children.

 If I want him to take the role of my Father and have Him take care of me, I have to resume the role of a child.

Children rely on parents wholeheartedly. For everything. Safely, love, nutrition, finances, etc.

And they think the world of their parents. I remember fighting with a boy named Jordan in first grade about how my dad could beat up his. All children want in life is to make mom and dad so proud of them, too. And kids trust their parents. Everyone else is a stranger.

 I picture a child hiding behind a parent’s leg when a stranger approaches them.

Then I picture my self in the child’s position.

 Hiding behind God when unfamiliar things approach me and Him looking down at me, smiling. Maybe the stranger is good. If so, God will nudge me toward the stranger.

He’ll see my hesitation and crouch down beside me. He’ll put his arm around me and whisper in my ear, “It’s okay. Don’t be afraid. I’m right here. Nothing bad will happen to you.”

Or it could be a stranger that is no good. God will straighten up in front of me and push me behind Him, not letting any harm come near me. He’ll stand firm.

 

Whether the situation is good or bad, it will go through God first. He’s the bulletproof vest. He takes the hits for you.

 

How crazy comforting is that?

 

We don’t have to stress out. We have nothing to worry about because God knows what’s best for us.

Psalm 37:7 says “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret…”

So simple. Just be still. Let God father you. He’ll take such good care of you.

If you want to resume your role as God's child, this video is a good place to start. It's really short but it's awesome.

 
Oh, here's some pictures of halloween festiviness.
 



You're never too old to carve pumpkins :)

1 comment: