Saturday, August 18, 2012

Gettin' down with crafts.


So, I haven’t been blogging. Did you notice?

I have my excuses.

I’ve been busy.

I’m a working woman, you know.

I make da monay.

 But in all honesty, I’ve written up a few posts, but decided to scrap them. I’ve been trying to write, but my words haven’t been coming the way I want them to. But I am back!

 I’ll tell you what I’ve been up to.

Crafts. :)



Check it:

Rose earrings! I’ve seen these cabochon studs before and I love them. The problem is, I don’t have my ears pierced. It scares me, k?
Clips are way too obvious, but magnetic earrings.. those are pretty cool. To make these, I bought a pack of rose buttons, some glossy acrylic paint, and magnetic clasps for jewelry. I snipped off the plastic hooks on the buttons and the metal hooks on a claps and sanded off what was left. Then I glued one part of each clasp on to the button, and painted the button. Wah-la! My own magnetic earrings!



Lace shorts! Are you on Pinterest? Because I am. If you are, you’ve seen those cute jean shorts that were too short, so they have lace added at the bottom. I found these corduroy shorts at Rue 21, but they were a bit short. I loved the color though, so I bought them and took them to JoAnns to get some crocheted lace trim. My mom and I pinned the trim on and then sewed it right on! Easy! Cute!





Bracelets! I love bracelets. And I think a chunky bracelet looks great on a guy. It just adds a little somethin’. I was sort of inspired by a nautical theme for this particular bracelet. A thick rope with a big ole lobster claw came to mind one day. Follow your dreams, people.




Boots! They used to be blue and white with really juvenile flowers and hummingbirds. I took some Krylon outdoor paint and totally turned these boots around! They look great, right? Welp, they didn’t turn out as good as they look. As soon as I walk in them, bits of the old boot become visible. The paint starts to crack. It’s sad L I don’t want to give up on them, though. Perhaps there is some paint finisher out there that will save them!


Gift wrapping! I love wrapping gifts and if I can get creative with it, it's even more enjoyable. This was for a wedding between my friends Lindy and Phil. The paper bag is actually a take-out bag from Red Lobster. Yay free! ...except for paying for food. Whatev.


I love handwritten things. It's much more personal. And if you're good with typography, you can get really artistic with letters. I'm pretty new with typography but I find it really fascinating.


I put a little vintage-looking notebook in Phil's envelope. He's an awesome man of God so I thought it would be great for him to keep near his Bible for notes and whatnot.


In Lindy's envelope, I made her three bracelets. One with colorful bow charms, one with navy blue lace, a sterling silver key charm and a teardrop shape swarovski crystal, and another bracelet with lace, ribbon, and fabric rose flowers. She's a super cute girl! Follow her blog on God and her new married life when she returns from her honeymoon!

I put a set of cute cups in their bag, too. I hope I'm not spoiling my gift for them!


Lindy had a really pretty handmade wedding. Crafting is fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment